Not a subscriber? To sign up, go to http://www.taxtools.com/enews.aspx
In this issue:
- California Payroll Form Changes
- W2/1099 E-file Add-on
- How are we doing?
- 2011 Software Releases
- Release Dates for Schedule D and Financial Planning Tools
California Payroll Form Changes
Effective April 1, 2011, the California Employment Development Department (EDD) is discontinuing Forms DE7 and DE6 and replacing them with new forms, as follows:
- Form DE7, Annual Reconciliation Statement, is being replaced with Form DE9, Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages, which must now be filed on a quarterly basis.
- Form DE6, Quarterly Wage and Withholding Report, is being replaced with Form DE9C, Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation), which must also be filed quarterly.
Form DE88, Payroll Tax Deposit, is unchanged.
CFS Payroll System 2011 (941/940 & LivePayroll) prints state-approved versions of the new forms on plain paper. CFS does not plan on stocking red scannable versions of the new forms.
W2/1099 E-file Add-on
Tired of printing and mailing paper W-2s and 1099s? Save paper, ink, and postage with our W2/1099 E-file Add-on. The W2/1099 E-file Add-on allows you to electronically submit W-2 and 1099 data directly to Social Security, the IRS, and many participating states.
For more information or to purchase the W2/1099 E-file Add-on, click the following link:
For online videos to assist you with e-filing, see our Instructional Videos page:
How are we doing?
We take pride in our customer service and strive to handle customer questions and concerns courteously and efficiently. If you have recently called CFS customer service, you can help us continue to do our best by participating in a brief online survey. The seven question survey will take as little as a minute of your time and may help us improve the way we handle your next call. Please use the following link to take the survey:
2011 Software Releases
Most 2011 CFS programs have now been released. (For two exceptions, see Release Dates for Schedule D and Financial Planning Tools, below.) If you purchased CD service, you should have already received a CD containing initial releases of the 2011 programs. If not, downloading your programs from our web site is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Go to http://www.taxtools.com/mycfs_downloadsw.aspx
- Enter your customer ID and zip code, then click the "Go to download page" button.
- Download and install your software, following the instructions at the top of the page. Note the yellow box beneath the instructions, which contains your license code(s). You can copy the license license code from here and paste it into the program when you install it.
Release Dates for Schedule D and Financial Planning Tools
Schedule D Tools and Financial Planning Tools sometimes cause confusion because, unlike most of our other programs, they are not released at the beginning of the calendar year. Schedule D Tools is generally released the first week of May, while Financial Planning Tools is released in mid-March. Also, both of these programs are licensed for one year and will expire unless they are renewed. It is important to keep these facts in mind when ordering, so that you order the version of the program that you need.
- Schedule D Tools 2011 will be released in May 2011. It will allow you to enter transactions through June 30th of 2012 and generate reports for 2011 and previous tax years. A Realized Gains Report can be printed for the first six months of 2012.
- Financial Planning Tools 2011 will be released in March 2011. Unless renewed, the program will cease to function after May 31, 2012.
CFS Customer Service
If you would like to discontinue this free monthly service, contact us at http://www.taxtools.com/sendcomment.aspx