Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Have You Renewed Your Software, Forms, and Supplies?
- Reminder from the IRS: All e-Services Users Must Re-register!
- Some 2018 Programs Are Available Now
- 940 Update Has Been Posted
- Have You Updated Your License Code for W2/1099?
- Technical Support Options
Have You Renewed Your Software, Forms, and Supplies?
If not, why not? Tax season is just around the corner—don't be caught unprepared. Furthermore, you may be eligible for a business expense deduction if you order by December 31st.
With your MyCFS account, it's easy to renew online. You can also use your MyCFS account to:
Reminder from the IRS: All e-Services Users Must Re-register!
The IRS included the following reminder in the latest issue of e-News for Tax Professionals:
All e-Services users must re-register through Secure Access, a more rigorous identity proofing and two-factor authentication process. If you have not already registered through Secure Access, plan to upgrade your account now. To register, take the following actions:
1. Review Information about Your e-Services Account and Secure Access: How to Register for Certain Online Self-Help Tools. You should also visit FAQs about e-Services and Secure Access. These pages will help you register online.
2. Access your account by going to your normal login page and entering your e-Services username. You will receive a prompt that will direct you through the new registration process.
3. Call the e-Help desk at 1-888-841-4648 (select your language, then prompt 1 and remain on the line until an assistor picks up) 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (EST) if you are an existing e-Services user who cannot register online via Secure Access and need exception processing.
- You must have access to your email account and your tax return information, including related information documents.
- On Saturday, Dec. 16, assistors will be available 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. EST.
You must attempt to register online before contacting the help desk. Here are a few other caveats:
- If you require an activation code by mail, it may take up to 10 business days to receive this code, which will enable you to complete the registration process.
- If you previously registered through Secure Access (via Get Transcript, IP PIN, etc.) you only need to enter your e-Services username and your Secure Access password. Do not make more than 2 attempts. If you can’t remember your password, use the “forgotten password” feature.
- If you have obtained a new mobile phone number, the vendor may not be able to validate it. You should request an activation code by mail.
- After you have requested an activation code by mail either online or through an assistor, do not continue attempts to register online.
Some 2018 Programs Are Available Now
Although the official release dates are in January and CDs won't be mailed until then, we generally release several programs before the first of the year. TaxTools, Payroll System (941/940, LivePayroll, Payroll Corrector), W4 Calculator, and Tax Corresponder are usually posted for download by mid-December. If you have purchased one or more of the above programs and would like to get an early start installing them and entering data, click here for our download page.
If you have not yet purchased your 2018 software and would like to do so, click here to renew online.
940 Update Has Been Posted
A Payroll System update containing Form 940 was posted earlier this month. Payroll System users who have not already done so can download the update automatically from within 2017 Payroll System, or manually from the Payroll System Updates page on our web site. As always, we will mail an update CD to 941/940 and LivePayroll users who purchased update CD service.
Have You Updated Your License Code for W2/1099?
This time of year, we receive many calls from frustrated W2/1099 users who cannot access the program, simply because they have not updated their license code. Remember—your license code is based on your firm name, address, and the programs you have purchased. If, like many of our customers, you purchased W2/1099 months after you purchased your other CFS programs, the license code you received when you purchased those other programs will not work for W2/1099. You must use the new license code you received when you purchased W2/1099.
You can look up your license code online using your MyCFS account. It is also displayed beneath the instructions when you download software from our Download CFS Software page. To change your license code in the program:
- Open CFS Payroll System.
- Click on the File drop-down menu at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on Firm Information...
- Enter your new license code in the License Code field.
- Click OK.
Technical Support Options
As we head into our busy season, remember that our toll-free number, (800) 343-1157, is only one of several ways you can obtain technical assistance. Others include:
- Frequently Asked Questions. Click the FAQ button under "Quick Links" on our home page to view a knowledge base containing detailed solutions to many common technical support issues.
- Instructional Videos. The Instructional Videos page is available from the Support menu at taxtools.com or from a link in the Help menu of most CFS programs. These brief videos can assist you with downloading and updating software and performing specific tasks in CFS programs.
- Online Chat. Click the Chat with Technical Support link on our home page to open a text-based chat session with a technical support representative. The service is available during normal business hours; at other times you will be given the option of e-mailing your question.
- Online Tech Support Request. Under the "Internet Options" menu of most of our programs, select "CFS Tech Support Request..." to fill in an online form detailing your problem. Your request will be answered by e-mail or phone within one business day. The Technical Support Request form can also be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site.
Happy Holidays from CFS!
To contact us, please click here. To unsubscribe from this service,
type "unsubscribe from enews" in the Comment field.