Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Summer Renewal Incentives Expire Soon
- New Penalty and Interest Calculator in TaxTools
- Have You Renewed W2/1099?
- Coming Soon: Direct Deposit for LivePayroll
Summer Renewal Incentives Expire Soon
Time is almost up for CFS summer renewal incentives! Renew by August 31st to receive:
- $5 off every program renewed early;
- 20% off the first-time purchase of additional software or network upgrades; and
- 15% off forms, envelopes, folders, and checks.
Click here to log in and renew now!
New Penalty and Interest Calculator in TaxTools
The latest update for TaxTools 2014 (version 14.081) contains a new Penalty and Interest Calculator. The module calculates the late filing and late payment penalties and interest for various types of returns.
If you have TaxTools 2014, make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest update, so that you will have access to this useful module. If you don't have TaxTools, now is a good time to buy it; you can get both the 2014 and 2015 versions for the price of one year. Click here to purchase.
Have You Renewed W2/1099?
W2/1099 Payroll System will be available for download soon. If you haven't already done so, be sure to renew by August 31st to take advantage of our summer early renewal incentives (see above article). And if you plan to e-file your W-2s and 1099s, don't forget the E-File Add-On!
Customers often ask us why we don't release W2/1099 in January, when other Payroll System programs are released. There are several reasons for this:
- The IRS has been known to post form specifications for some information returns as late as April; revisions have been posted even later than that due to late legislation (which is why we also wait until summer to print and ship our red forms);
- Once programmed, forms generated by our software must undergo an approval process before the software can be released; and
- In any case, the software is rarely needed until December or January.
Coming Soon: Direct Deposit for LivePayroll
As was mentioned in last month's e-news, we have recently begun testing a Direct Deposit feature for LivePayroll. The feature will not add to the initial cost of LivePayroll. However, there will be a charge for each transaction.
We should soon be ready to announce a release date. Stay tuned!
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.