Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Summer Renewal Notice
- Renew Online with MyCFS
- Forms Are Being Shipped
- Why CFS Doesn't Provide 941 E-Filing
Summer Renewal Notice
If you have not yet renewed your CFS software or supplies for 2014, you should soon be receiving a summer renewal mailer, including a renewal form, newsletter, and catalog.
- Renew your CFS software by August 31st to receive a 20% discount on any additional software you order that you have not ordered before.
- Order your forms and other tax supplies by August 31st to receive a 15% discount on supplies.
- Renew any CFS product by August 31st to receive a free copy of W4 Calculator 2013.
See your summer renewal notice for details. (Note: If you have already renewed, you will not receive a summer renewal notice. However, if you wish to take advantage of the W4 Calculator offer, please contact us.)
Renew Online with MyCFS
- At www.taxtools.com, select Renewal Notice from the MyCFS menu.
- Log in to your MyCFS account, using your e-mail address and password. (If you don't have an account, click the Register button.)
- Complete the online Renewal Notice by clicking on products you wish to order. (For your convenience, products that you have previously ordered are already checked.)
- Click the Add checked items to cart button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you wish to order additional products that aren't listed on your renewal notice (such as the free W4 Calculator), use the link to the Products Page.
- Once you have added all of your purchases to the Shopping Cart, click the Shopping Cart link.
- On the Shopping Cart screen, you will be given the opportunity to check your order and make changes. If you have a coupon code (such as the coupon code for free W4 Calculator), enter it in the Enter a Coupon Code box at the bottom of the screen and click Apply Coupon.
- Click the Continue to Checkout button to advance through screens for Shipping Options, Shipping Address, Payment Information, and Confirmation of your order.
Click here to log in and renew now!
Forms Are Being Shipped
We have begun shipping 2013 forms. If you have already ordered your forms, you will receive an e-mail with a UPS tracking number when your order has been shipped. Please confirm that we have the correct UPS address, and be ready to sign for the order when it is delivered.
Please check your order as soon as it arrives! Whenever you receive a shipment of tax forms or supplies, we urge you to open it immediately and verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit.
Damages, Discrepancies, Returns: Damages or discrepancies must be reported within 14 days of receiving your order. Forms and envelopes may be returned sealed and unused within 30 days, but no later than December 15th. Refunds do not include shipping charges.
If you have not yet ordered your red forms, blank form stock, envelopes, or other supplies, now is the time to do so. You will receive a 15% discount on all supplies ordered by August 31st. The easiest way to order your forms and envelopes or tax return supplies is at our online store.
Note: Free form starter kits are being collated and will be mailed in October or November.
Why CFS Doesn't Provide 941 E-Filing
One of the most common requests we receive from customers is for 941 e-filing in CFS Payroll System. As we have often explained in our newsletter, CFS can only support e-filing when it is possible to upload a file directly to the taxing agency. This is not currently possible when e-filing Form 941. In fact, in order to e-file Form 941, it is currently necessary to first create an e-Services Account, then:
- Log in to e-Services and access the online application to become an IRS e-file provider;
- Select your e-file provider option — return preparers who want to e-file for a client should select Electronic Return Originator (ERO);
- Enter identification information for your firm, as well as services provided to taxpayers;
- Enter the name, home address, SSN, birth date and citizenship status for each principal and responsible official in your organization; and
- Enter current professional status and requested information if the principal or responsible official is an attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, officer of a publicly owned corporation, or bonded bank official; or
- Call the IRS toll free at 866-255-0654 to request a fingerprint card for any principal or responsible official who is not an attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, officer of a publicly owned corporation, or bonded bank; and
- Get fingerprinted by a trained professional at your local police station or at a company that provides this service; then
- Mail the signed and completed card to the IRS.
After that, it is necessary to pass a suitability check, which "may include: a credit check; a tax compliance check; a criminal background check; and a check for prior non-compliance with IRS e-file requirements." (http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/e-File-Providers-&-Partners/Become-an-Authorized-e-file-Provider)
Credit checks? Criminal background checks? Fingerprints? Small wonder an annual report by the Electronic Tax Administration Advisory stated that, "when taxpayers performed a cost benefit analysis of transitioning to E-Filing from paper filing, they discovered little incentive to make the change.... The current paper process is quick, easy, and extremely low cost for taxpayers to maintain. Transitioning to e-file requires an extensive enrollment processes with the IRS, requires software considerations, and entails compliance risks. Without providing some benefit for taxpayers to transition to e-file, taxpayers are unlikely to convert..."
Until the IRS changes their system, the real question is, why would anyone want to e-file Form 941?
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.