Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- April 1st is the deadline for e-filing information returns!
- Form 941 Released
- Do we have your current address?
- Financial Planning Tools, NY Sales Tax Preparer Released
April 1st is the deadline for e-filing information returns!
Although your paper Forms W-2 and 1099 were due to be filed by the end of February, you have until the end of March to e-file. And, because March 31st falls on a Sunday, this year's deadline for e-filing information returns is April 1st.
You still have time to e-file your information returns using W2/1099 Payroll System and the W2/1099 E-file Add-on. However, you must have an EIN (file Form SS-4), and:
- To e-file Forms W-2 you must have a User ID (call SSA at 1-800-772-6270);
- To e-file Forms 1099 you must have a TCC number (file Form 4419).
If you have not previously obtained the above, you should request them immediately. However, it is too late to receive them before the filing deadline. You should also immediately request an extension by completing a fill-in Form 8809 through the IRS Fire system.
Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, and Form 4419, Application for Filing Information Returns Electronically, are included in CFS Payroll System, as are links to the Social Security and IRS web sites. We have also posted Instructional Videos on our web site explaining the e-file process for W2s and 1099s.
Form 941 Released
Earlier this month, the IRS released Form 941, Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return, for 2013. We have posted an update for Payroll System containing the new Form 941, as well as other form updates. The update can be downloaded automatically from within the program or manually from the Payroll System Updates page on our website.
Payroll System users who purchased 2013 update CD service will be shipped an update CD in the near future.
Do we have your current address?
It's spring, which means it's almost time for renewal notices to go out. If past years are any indication, we can expect a good many of them to come back to us because of incorrect addresses. Often, this is the only way we find out that a customer has moved.
It's easy to notify us of a change of address. You can fax the change to us at 805-522-0187 or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the easiest way to inform us of a change is online. Log in to your MyCFS account and select "Firm Name/Address/Email Change," or click here.
Don't let an incorrect address keep you from receiving your software and supplies on time or prevent you from getting a discount!
NY Sales Tax Preparer Released
NY Sales Tax Preparer 2013 has been released. To download the program:
- Go to www.taxtools.com and select Download Software from the Downloads menu.
- Enter your customer ID and zip code, then click the "Go to download page" button.
- Download and install your software, following the instructions at the top of the page. Note the yellow box beneath the instructions, which contains your license code(s). You can copy the license code from here and paste it into the program when you install it.
We notify you by e-mail when programs and updates are available for download. You can also keep informed by checking the "News and Updates" section on our home page, www.taxtools.com, or by watching for our posts on Facebook and Twitter.
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.