Not a subscriber? To sign up, go to http://www.taxtools.com/enews.aspx
In this issue:
- California Sales Tax Preparer now does e-file!
- 2011 Software Releases
- Find answers at TaxTools.com
- Don't forget to check your forms order!
- Tax Season Humor
California Sales Tax Preparer now does e-file!
Good news for California customers—CFS recently became the first software company certified for the California Board of Equalization's Direct Transmit program. Our California Sales Tax Preparer 2011 software allows the user to complete the Sales and Use Tax Return within the program, then simply click a button to transmit the return and payment directly to the BOE.
- No username or password log-in required.
- Software handles file transmittal automatically; no manual file upload required.
- Confirmation is received in seconds.
- Tax payments are made electronically—either with return transmission using the bank account and routing number, or by the taxpayer using BOE's online or phone payment system.
The following forms may be electronically filed using California Sales Tax Preparer 2011:
- Form 401 - Sales and Use Tax Return, including Schedules A, B, C, and G
- Form 401-EZ - Short Form - Sales and Use Tax Return (filed using Form 401)
- Form 1150 - Sales and Use Tax Prepayment Form
Added to the program for electronic filing only is:
- Form 401-E - Consumer Use Tax Return, including Schedules AE and E
And the best news is, there is no additional cost for the e-file feature! California Sales Tax Preparer 2011—with e-file—still sells for the same low price of $109 ($99 to renew)! For more information or to purchase the program, click the following link (if link does not function, copy and paste into your browser): http://www.taxtools.com/products_st.aspx
Note: The e-file feature is not available in the standard 2010 version of California Sales Tax Preparer. However, if you wish to file your 2010 fourth quarter returns electronically, we can provide you with a free beta version of California Sales Tax Preparer 2010 that includes the e-file feature. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Free ST10 for further information.
2011 Software Releases
The following 2011 CFS programs have been released:
- 941/940 Payroll System
- Quick Reference Guide
- Small Business Tools
- Tax Corresponder
- W4 Calculator
If you purchased CD service, you will be shipped a CD containing the above programs on January 18th. If you didn't purchase CD service—or you don't wish to wait for your CD—you can install the programs immediately by downloading them from our web site:
- Use the following link to go to our Download page (if link does not function, copy and paste into your browser): http://www.taxtools.com/mycfs_downloadsw.aspx
- Click on the "Download" link for the program you wish to download, and save the program file to your computer's hard drive, being sure to note the filename and location.
- When the download is complete, run the downloaded file, either by double-clicking on the file or by using the Windows RUN option.
- The setup program will launch automatically to guide you through the software installation process. During the installation, you will be asked for a PRODUCT LICENSE CODE. If you don't know your license code, you can retrieve it at https://www.taxtools.com/mycfs_licensecode.aspx
Find answers at TaxTools.com
This time of year, it may take a little longer than usual to get answers to your technical support or customer service questions by phone. However, you can quickly find answers to many common questions on our web site, http://www.taxtools.com/
Our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section has answers to many common technical support issues: http://www.taxtools.com/faq/faq.aspx
We have recently added many new videos to our Instructional Videos Page to help you with specific tasks in most of our programs: http://www.taxtools.com/videos.aspx
You can user your MyCFS account to:
Don't forget to check your forms order!
When you receive a shipment of tax forms or supplies, please open it immediately and check your order. Verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit. If you received any items in error or anything is missing, please e-mail email@example.com. If you forgot to order anything, please place your order at http://www.taxtools.com/products.aspx
Remember—we cannot accept tax form returns after December 15th. And if you are ordering forms now, please consider requesting Next Day or 2nd Day shipping, in order to ensure that you receive your order on time.
Tax Season Humor
Citing the Freedom of Information Act, a small-business owner wrote to the IRS asking if they had a file on him. The IRS wrote back, "We do now."
Happy New Year and Tax Season!
CFS Customer Service
If you would like to discontinue this free monthly service, contact us at http://www.taxtools.com/sendcomment.aspx