Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Form 8109-B Eliminated
- CFS Payroll System will calculate the number of forms you need.
- Last chance to return forms!
- Have you renewed your software, forms, and supplies?
- Technical Support Options
- Watch for the 940 update!
Form 8109-B Eliminated
This year, the IRS issued proposed regulations (IRS REG-153340-09) that will eliminate Form 8109-B, Federal Tax Deposit Coupon, as of the first of the year. Beginning in 2011, virtually all tax deposits made by businesses must be made through the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
An exception is made for employers below the $2,500 de minimis threshold, who may remit employment taxes with their tax return, voluntarily make deposits by EFTPS, or use other methods of payment as provided by the instructions relating to the return.
Information on EFTPS, including how to enroll, can be found at www.eftps.gov or by calling EFTPS customer service at 1-800-555-4477.
CFS Payroll System will calculate the number of forms you need.
Did you know that CFS Payroll System will calculate the number of forms you need, based on your payroll database? Select Complete Forms Order... from Payroll System's Help menu, and you will open a Form and Envelope Order Sheet. Click Compute Forms Required on the menu bar to fill in the order sheet with the number of forms you will need, based on current information in your database. Or, if you prefer, you can manually fill in the number of packs you wish to order. The Order Sheet will calculate the total number of sheets/envelopes and the cost.
Once the Order Sheet has been completed, you can either print it out and fax or mail it to CFS, or click Submit Order Via the Internet on the menu bar to submit it electronically.
Last chance to return forms!
Our return policy states that tax forms must be returned "within 30 days of receipt, but no later than December 15th of the same tax year." If you haven't yet done so, please inspect your shipment of tax forms and other supplies. Verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Also, keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit. Forms and envelopes must be returned sealed and unused, and refunds will not include shipping charges.
Have you renewed your software, forms, and supplies?
If not, why not? Tax season is just around the corner—don't be caught unprepared. If you have a MyCFS account, it's easy to renew online. If you don't have a MyCFS account, click here to create one. You will need to provide a valid e-mail address and a password.
You can also use your MyCFS account to:
W2/1099 users — Have you renewed CFS W2/1099 Payroll System? If you did renew, did you remember to enter your new license code? Your old license code will not give you access to W2/1099, even though the program may already be installed on your computer. You must enter the new license code shown on your receipt for the W2/1099 program.
And don't forget our W2/1099 E-File add-on — Click here to order.
Technical Support Options
Our toll-free number, (800) 343-1157, is only one of six ways you can get technical assistance. The others are:
- Online Chat – Click the "Chat with Technical Support" button on our home page to open a text-based chat session with a technical support representative. The service is available during normal business hours; at other times you will be given the option of e-mailing your question.
- Remote Support – During an online chat session or phone conversation, the support technician can connect to your computer via the Internet. This is done using a secure connection and only with your permission. We can fix problems directly or demonstrate use of the program on your own computer.
- Online Tech Support Request – Under the "Internet Options" menu of most of our programs, select "CFS Tech Support Request..." to fill in an online form detailing your problem. Your request will be answered by e-mail or phone within one business day. The Technical Support Request form can also be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site.
- FAQ Page – Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page can be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site. It contains detailed solutions to many common technical support issues.
- Instructional Videos – The Instructional Videos page is available from the Support menu at TaxTools.com or from a link in the Help menu of most CFS programs. These brief videos can assist you with such things as downloading and updating software, using our Online Tax Research site, and performing specific tasks in CFS programs.
Watch for the 940 update!
The 940 update will be released later this month. We will mail an update CD to Payroll System customers who purchased 2010 update CD service, and we will send an e-mail to let customers know when the update has been posted for download. If you have a dedicated high-speed Internet connection such as DSL or cable, you can configure Payroll System to automatically check for updates each time you run the program. Click "Configuration" on the toolbar, and check the box next to "Check for web updates when program starts."
If you are a 941/940 user, have you considered upgrading to CFS LivePayroll? LivePayroll is the easy way to process payroll, print paychecks, and file payroll returns. LivePayroll will help you:
- Print real returns and paychecks in minutes with the same intuitive,
easy-to-use interface found in other CFS programs.
- Process live payroll or enter paychecks after-the-fact with CFS 941/940 (included).
- Enter payroll data on a daily, quarterly, monthly or paycheck basis.
- Automatically calculate wages based on the employee’s annual salary or hours worked and hourly rate, federal withholding, state withholding, local withholding, Social Security, Medicare, and other payroll deductions.
- Customize income, tax, and deduction items for each employer.
- Print pay stubs, preprinted checks, or blank check stock using included MICR font (a $139 value).
- Produce payroll for an unlimited number of employers with an unlimited number of employees.
- Import QuickBooks® after-the-fact paycheck data to save data entry time.
- Use all features of CFS 941/940, included at no extra charge.
Happy Holidays from CFS!
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.